CRS addNode.sh problems 11.1.0.6

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:06:36 +0100

Dear all,

I've got a playground RAC 11.1.0.6 Linux 32bit installation running on RHEL5.0 over Oracle VM.

This worked nicely when I initially installed it for 2 nodes. I then wanted to play around some more and add a third node to the cluster. Addnode.sh worked fine for clusterware, it copied the sofwtare and prompted me to run the various scripts as root and so far so good. However, it failed to start the ONS resource on the 3rd (= new) node.

3 minutes later the whole 3rd node came tumbling down on me with core dumps filling up all of my partition containing $CRS_HOME up to 100%, a point where each daemon (crsd, cssd, evmd, ons) simply dies. I recon there is something wrong with the ONS configuration (onsctl ping only lists 2 nodes, no mention of the 3rd).

It's not a problem caused by either iptables or selinux, both are disabled.

Has anybody tried adding in new members to the cluster yet in 11g?

Thanks for all input,

Martin