RE: Oracle OpenWorld Get-together - Buca Di Beppo

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:10:34 -0400

Wish I could be there. Working on next year

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546
904 727-2546

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Matthew Zito Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 10:08 AM To: Claudia Zeiler; Ram Raman
Cc: Jared Still; john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com; ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Oracle OpenWorld Get-together - Buca Di Beppo

I had planned to take a crack at that this week, but so far only three people have emailed me to say that they will attend, so making a reservation makes me leery - what if we get 7 people, what if we get 2?

Matt

From: Claudia Zeiler [mailto:czeiler_at_ecwise.com] Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 9:58 PM To: Ram Raman; Matthew Zito
Cc: Jared Still; john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com; ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Oracle OpenWorld Get-together - Buca Di Beppo

I'm a little lost - (also email snowed under by someone who let loose a process that mainly seems to notify me that it has run again. )

Anyway, I am sure that you can make a reservation at Buca Di Beppo. Has someone already taken charge and done this?

Thanks,

Claudia

From: Ram Raman [mailto:veeeraman_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 12:53 PM To: mzito_at_gridapp.com
Cc: Jared Still; Claudia Zeiler; john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com; ORACLE-L Subject: Re: Oracle OpenWorld Get-together - Buca Di Beppo

Are the listers getting together at the convention?

I would be intersted in joining. Thanks.

On 9/9/08, Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com> wrote:

Yes it is, and I'm definitely in favor - the only issue is whether they'll be taken up by a private party, or if we'll be able to show up with a large group and get a table or get a reservation. Let's set a date and get a rough count (people can email me directly), and I'll call them and see what's up.

Matt

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 12:04 PM To: czeiler_at_ecwise.com
Cc: john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com; Matthew Zito; ORACLE-L Subject: Re: Oracle OpenWorld Get-together - Buca Di Beppo

I have been to Buca di Beppo -the food is quite good, significantly better than Chevy's.

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:03 PM, Claudia Zeiler <czeiler_at_ecwise.com> wrote:

I live near to Moscone. There is a kind of good Italian place, about 1 block in the opposite direction. It is called Buca di Beppo http://www.bucadibeppo.com/locations/location.aspx?location=0502 The food is good, the prices about the same as Chevy's, and the portions ENORMOUS. And if you want a table for XVI you can have one with a bust of the Pope in the center. When I was last there, I got the waiter to give me his plastic pocket protector. I propose it as a much jollier alternative to Chevy's.

Girlgeek (Claudia Zeiler)

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of John Kanagaraj [john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 9:26 PM To: mzito_at_gridapp.com; ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Oracle OpenWorld Get-together

Hi Matt,

> sheer massive wonder that is Oracle OpenWorld. Over the last couple
of
> years, there's often been an evening get-together for Oracle-L folks
at the
> Chevys next to the Moscone center, typically the only restaurant in
the area

I will be there as usual - we do need to fix a date though!

--
John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj

Jared Still