Re: Database DN in OID

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:42:00 -0500

Hi Jared,

The TNS entry with name "jkstill" would be at cn=jkstill,cn=OracleContext,dc=sysidar,dc=corp. However, the real meat of the entry (service name, host, port) will be in the subtree entries below that one. Specifically:

cn=DESCRIPTION_0,cn=jkstill,cn=OracleContext,dc=sysidar,dc=corp   and
cn=ADDRESS_0,cn=DESCRIPTION_0,cn=jkstill,cn=OracleContext,dc=sysidar,dc=corp

doing this should show you all the relevant information (the three DNs listed above) for the jkstill entry:

$OH/bin/ldapsearch -h <ldapservername> -p <ldapport> -s sub -b cn=OracleContext,dc=sysidar,dc=corp (cn=jkstill)

Be careful to use $OH/bin/ldapsearch as many platforms have their own ldapsearch utility that may have different args/syntax.

Dan