RE: Measuring PLSQL-SQL context switches

From: Bobak, Mark <>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:34:24 -0400

I'm pretty sure the statistic you're after is 'recursive calls'. Each time PL/SQL does a context switch to SQL, it's counted as a recursive call.

This was discussed, I thought, on the OTN Database forum, but I just spent more than 30 minutes looking for the discussion, with no luck....

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies ProQuest
789 E. Eisenhower, Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
+1.734.997.4059 or +1.800.521.0600 x 4059

ProQuest...Start here.