Re: Question re view privileges

From: Roman Podshivalov <roman.podshivalov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:57:30 -0400

Such situation is being addressed in 10G by:

SQL> grant select on v1 to u3;
grant select on v1 to u3

                *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01720: grant option does not exist for 'U1.A'

SQL> !oerr ora 1720
01720, 00000, "grant option does not exist for '%s.%s'"

// *Cause:  A grant was being performed on a view and the grant option was
//          not present for an underlying object.
// *Action: Obtain the grant option on all underlying objects of the view.

--romas