Vs: Re: Server IP Address and Listener Port

From: Teijo Lallukka <teijo.lallukka_at_edita.fi>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:46:34 +0300

Server IP you would get with this:

SELECT UTL_INADDR.get_host_address from dual;

Look at:

I don't know about listener port... I think there could be a way to do that without parsing...

>>> "sol beach" <sol.beach_at_gmail.com> 10.9.2008 4:27 >>>
If you are determined to do this from a procedure running inside Oracle,you should be able to use UTL_FILE to read listener.ora & then parse it. This presumes UTL_FILE can access the directory where listener.ora reside. Alternatively, I am sure it can be by a custom Java procedure.