Re: prevent sql invalidations after grants on objects

From: Eagle Fan <eagle.f_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:32:32 +0800

I'm not sure how busy your database is.

If you do it one by one and sleep a few seconds in between and moniter the number of active sessions, I think it should be ok for most databases.

When table has trigger on it, adding column may cause high active sessions on extremely busy system since it will invalid the trigger and triggers needs to be re-compiled.

Grant priveleges doesn't invalid trigger. I think it's ok for most databases.

--
Eagle Fan

Sr. DBA