Re: Oracle on Solaris x-86 64 bit

From: Richard Burakowski <richard.burakowski+oracle-l_at_mrburak.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:37:24 +1000

Keith Moore wrote:
> I've warned my management that this is a secondary platform for Oracle
> (10.2.0.4 and 11g not yet available) but is there anything besides patch and
> bug fix availability that we should be concerned with.
If you're content being left behind for a time then the one-offs exist to make 10.2.0.3 stable and usable. And if you do hit a production bug and a patch already exists for another port then Oracle will have to supply a pretty good reason why they can't port the patch. I've also recently had within the week turnaround on getting other patches released in "anticipation" of bugs we hadn't hit yet.

But, it is a small community compared to some of the others. I actually met *another* person in Sydney using 10gR2 on SolX86-64 just yesterday!