Re: Using hints- most commonly used?

From: Stephane Faroult <>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 17:23:52 +0200

     This is probably the most useful links about hints:

This is a position I share. I used to think that a few hints were harmless, but I'm no longer so sure.
A few weeks ago, I met an interesting query in which the hint was contributing to get the proper result (by forcing an index descent). In other words: remove the hint, you get a wrong result. Isn't it nice?

/*+ Hope_that_helps */