RE: Oracle OpenWorld Get-together - Buca Di Beppo

From: Matthew Zito <>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:38:48 -0400

Yes it is, and I'm definitely in favor - the only issue is whether they'll be taken up by a private party, or if we'll be able to show up with a large group and get a table or get a reservation. Let's set a date and get a rough count (people can email me directly), and I'll call them and see what's up.

From: Jared Still [] Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 12:04 PM To:
Cc:; Matthew Zito; ORACLE-L Subject: Re: Oracle OpenWorld Get-together - Buca Di Beppo

I have been to Buca di Beppo -the food is quite good, significantly better than Chevy's.

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:03 PM, Claudia Zeiler <> wrote:

I live near to Moscone. There is a kind of good Italian place, about 1 block in the opposite direction. It is called Buca di Beppo The food is good, the prices about the same as Chevy's, and the portions ENORMOUS. And if you want a table for XVI you can have one with a bust of the Pope in the center. When I was last there, I got the waiter to give me his plastic pocket protector. I propose it as a much jollier alternative to Chevy's.

Girlgeek (Claudia Zeiler)

From: [] On Behalf Of John Kanagaraj [] Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 9:26 PM To:; ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Oracle OpenWorld Get-together

Hi Matt,

> sheer massive wonder that is Oracle OpenWorld. Over the last couple
> years, there's often been an evening get-together for Oracle-L folks
at the
> Chevys next to the Moscone center, typically the only restaurant in
the area

I will be there as usual - we do need to fix a date though!

John Kanagaraj <>< (Sorry - not an Oracle blog!)

Jared Still