Re: Primary gets ora-16009 when attempting a heartbeat with standby - somewhat resolved

From: David Ballester <ballester.david_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 10:43:54 +0200

2008/9/9 Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com>

> Does the new OID entry have the full hostname or still only the hostname
> with no domain?
>
> I've seen DNS not being able to resolve just hostname, but resolve domained
> hostname just fine. Or vice versa.
>
> Finn

I totally agree with Finn, Michael, from the primary host try

nslookup standbyhost.my.com

and

nslookup standbyhost

if the first one is well resolved and the second one not, take a look at the /etc/resolve.conf file for the line informing about the "search" values. Seems that your machine is not able to resolve hostnames without FQDN or is adding another default domain to resolve only hostnames. May be some change ( maybe two weeks after the switchback? ) in the resolv.conf ( how you obtain your network config for this machine? dhcp, manually... ) as changed the value for the serach entry ( seems that the original value was my.com )

Regards

D.

<http://my.com/>