Re: Primary gets ora-16009 when attempting a heartbeat with standby

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 13:42:40 -0500

Yes, I can sqlplus to the fal_server, fal_client, and all permutations of our arch_log_dest_2 parameter. And yes, I end up in the standby database when I sqlplus to the standby database. =) Not knowing what parameter you are looking for with "remote"; we do not have a remote listener setup, but the passwordfile is.

If it is any consolation, Oracle Support is asking the same questions that you guys are. Unfortutnately, I am no closer to understanding what the problem is. My initial email was trying to find out if anyone else had come across this problem so far, for it is a very strange problem to have.

Keep the ideas coming.... *grin*

--
Charles Schultz