Re: apex

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:51:22 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Howard,

There's really not a lot of info here to help you with. There's so much more to APEX performance than the DB.

However, one thing I ran into was that I was using the bad bad bad bad bad (did I mention it's bad?) FasterFox addon for Firefox. The "performance" settings on this addon had the effect of saturating the HTTP-in-PLSQL server almost to the point of failure. Apache is able to handle it "better", but in our configuration it was only a minor improvement. If you're using it, Google how to properly uninstall the addon.

That being said, we're running APEX 3.1.2 on XE with OAS 10.1.3.1.0 (Apache for NTLM authentication) and OC4J standalone 10.1.3.1.0 (Apache FOP) all on a single VM slice with 1GB RAM and 1 CPU. And the performance is decent. Then again, there's at most two people hitting it right now.

GL!

Rich