Re: Primary gets ora-16009 when attempting a heartbeat with standby

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:38:01 -0500

*grin* I have provided all that to Oracle Support already. It is a rather bizarre situation. To answer your question about TNS_ADMIN, I have to say "sorta"; we have a central directory in which all Oracle Homes on a host link to. For example, /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0.2/network/admin would have file pointers to individual files (tnsnames.ora, ldap.ora, sqlnet.ora, etc) in /u01/app/oracle/tnsAdmin. Think that makes a difference in this situation?

--
Charles Schultz