Re: Tracking down NOLOGGING objects

From: Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 19:07:49 -0600

Oops.

You are absolutely correct. What can I say? So many of my databases have physical standbys that I pretty much never even *consider* performing non-logged operations. Combining that with advancing age, and perhaps it should not be completely surprising that I don't always maintain accurate memory of where I can and cannot specify NOLOGGING. :-)

The ALTER INDEX ... REBUILD NOLOGGING example is -- of course -- a much better illustration of what I was thinking of. Not least of all because it happens to be correct. :-)

--
Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead