DBUA put database in archivelog mode before running utlrp

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:31:10 -0400

Upgraded 9.2.0.8 to 10.2.0.4 using DBUA.

We told DBUA to use NOARCHIVELOG mode.

DBUA did take database out of archivelog mode BUT put it back in archivelog mode before running utlrp to compile invalids. This is an Oracle Apps 11i database and this resulted in 20G of archive logs.

If we manually take the database out of archivelog mode before starting DBUA, will DBUA leave the database in noarchivelog mode until all is done? We could then manually put it back to archivelog mode.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113