Re: Oracle on ZFS

From: Charlotte Hammond <>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:13:34 -0700 (PDT)

Many thanks to everyone who kindly suggested some or all of these documents to me:

Now, my next question is: is there a problem with ?  I've been trying all day from both work and home and cannot get onto the site.

  • Original Message ---- From: Charlotte Hammond <> To: Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 8:37:44 PM Subject: Oracle on ZFS

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a best practices or recommendations guide for running Oracle (10g) on ZFS (Solaris 10)? I'm interested in things like FILESYSTEMIO_OPTIONS and DISK_ASYNC_IO etc. and also in a general overview on how ZFS works and how to monitor it from a DBA perspective. Searched Oracle and Sun websites without much luck so far.

Many thanks!