Re: Change Management

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:16:15 -0500

Connor,

Hopefully they mean "emergency data fix" followed by a "routine code fix". If not, in my opinion, they don't understand ITIL. My understanding of ITIL is that it is never meant to get in the way of "doing the right thing". Usually "do the right thing" accompanied by "ensure all the right people were notified and contributed some wisdom." To merely bandage the problem and leave it at that would imply that their implementation of ITIL has degraded their system quality.

Dennis