MS Windows 2003 + Cluster + Oracle Failsafe

From: Taylor, Chris David <>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:49:13 -0500

I was curious if any of you out there had setup Oracle Failsafe on a Windows 2003 Cluster and if there are any valuable tips/hints/tricks you may have.

Any good documentation besides the Oracle supplied docs that you would recommend?

I usually find a few "gotcha(s)" when installing a new Oracle product for the first time (i.e. Enterprise Manager Grid Control) and thought I'd poke around a bit first before jumping in.

The installation docs seem pretty straight forward and the administration guide.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205