RE: Linux buffer cache monitoring

From: Allen, Brandon <>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:22:47 -0700

Hi Christo, thanks for the suggestion. I did eventually end up doing a full Oracle install and created a test database with filesystemio_options=setall. Too bad orion doesn't support directio - hopefully they'll add it in a future release. Another workaround I used for testing with orion to prevent caching was to flush the linux cache immediately before the test by either creating a file larger than my RAM and then deleting it, or using this trick on OEL5: (just be careful not to use that on OEL4, or it may freeze the box like it did for me and you'll have to reboot).