Re: dump whole database to SQL text file

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:49:03 -0400

Uhmmmmm........for the first part - what about the exp utility? Yes, I understand how clumsy this is, but export does precisely what you're asking.

For the database comparison, are you looking for structure or structure and data? Use a dblink and select from various dba views(dba_tablespaces, dba_data_files, dba_tables, dba_tab_columns, etc.) to see the structural differences. Yes, I understand how clumsy this is, but it works.