Re: PX Deq Credit: send blkd

From: Martin Klier <>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 19:01:56 +0200

Riyaj Shamsudeen schrieb:
> Martin
> As you correctly pointed out, PX slaved are blocked.
> One obvious reason I can think is smaller large pool. What is your
> large pool size set to ? Do you use ASMM - Automatic Shared memory
> management stuff? If yes, do you see any growth or shrink for large pool
> ? If large pool is not configured, it is possible that shared pool
> fragmentation to cause PX slaves to wait for these PX events. v$sgastat
> is a good place to start.

Uh, the large pool approach sounds cool, I will check this ASAP.

What I did so far:

The SGA autotuning features are enabled (SGA_TARGET set), and shared_pool_size has been set to zero. I've added up the shared pool bytes from v$sgastat, and I ended up with about 120MB.

Since RAM is no problem on this box, I changed SHARED_POOL_SIZE manually  to 512MB recently (what, of course did not change anything for the running query described above. Yes, it's still running...). Why 512MB? I followed

> What other events do you in statspack report or AWR report during that
> time frame?

Nothing that really matters, I just can't access the system at the moment, if important I'd have to post that on monday.

Thanks so far,

Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk