Re: Insert into remote table from Read only database

From: Arul Ramachandran <contactarul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:50:53 -0700

This works fine in general, we do it on a daily basis where the standby DB is opened read-only for a set time for the ETL to do extracts.

A few things that don't work are when you use partition or sub-partition name with the table in the from clause, Oracle throws an error. There is a work around though .. I believe

-Arul

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Elliott, Patrick < patrick.elliott_at_medtronic.com> wrote:

> Thanks for testing that for us, and I am happy to be proven wrong.
>

> Pat

Arul