Re: Grid Control and Standard Edition

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:03:22 +0100

Grid Control itself works fine, however the various items that are separately licensable with EE (like the performance tab, or being emailed alerts to take a couple of obvious examples) are unlicensed and unlicensable with SE since you are not allowed to run any of the management packs against SE. It's probably the only know example in living history of Oracle Corp refusing to take your money. If you do chose to run Grid Control in all it's glory against an SE target it will *probably* work fine since all of the necessary components will be installed and collecting data (not checked against 11.1.0.6).

Any time you want a rant on this subject feel free to pester me for one :)

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA