Re: HACMP automatic Oracle failover in non-RAC environment

From: Rajeev Prabhakar <>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:22:42 -0400

Hello Dianna,

I utilized hacmp in a non-rac environment to for oracle database failover almost two
years back (P570/EMC Clariion CX 500) . From what I recall and know, it worked fairly well. I do not recall any corruption that we encountered. We did have node /
cluster specific scripts and accordingly the primary instance was aware if it needs
to switch/failover or not.

We utilized rman for backups etc...Again, no show stoppers there.

If you have any more particular concerns, we can take the discussion offline and
go over it.