Re: Excessive IOPS to shared ORACLE_HOME

From: Chen Shapira <cshapi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:49:50 -0700

Thanks Vasu and Riyaj,

I see Pythian is employing most of the RAC experts ;)

Allowing attribute cache on Oracle Home mount indeed solve the problem! Thank you so much!

However, this Netapp document: http://www.netapp.com/library/tr/3536.pdf recommends mounting Oracle Home with "actimeo=0". So I'm reluctant to go against these recommendations. Maybe they are based or experience or bugs... (I admit there is a good probability that they are based on copy-paste as well).

I opened an SR with Oracle and with Netapp, asking for clarification on these issues, and I'll update when there are news.

Thanks again,
Chen Shapira