RE: dbms_scheduler executable job type

From: Stephens, Chris <chris_stephens_at_admworld.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:51:18 -0500

Sorry, I failed to mention where I am pulling the status from.

Dbms_scheduler_jobs.state = 'RUNNING'

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Stephens, Chris Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 2:23 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: dbms_scheduler executable job type

10.2.0.3 on RHEL 3 64-bit

I have scheduled a job through dbms_scheduler to execute a shell script the performs a datapump export of the database. When the job is run, I can see from the datapump log that the export completes but the status of the job remains 'running'.

Can anyone think of a reason for this? There is nothing in the script besides the call to datapump. The script runs fine when scheduled through cron.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.