Re: OCI-24550

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:53:47 -0700 (PDT)

In my 10g oraus.msg, I see this line

"/ 24500 - 24550 Reserved for OCI codepoint length semantics and UTF16"

I don't have 11g on UNIX. But 11g online documentation says

"ORA-24550: unhandled signal #number received. string

    Cause: Serious error: signal received     Action: Refer to the platform-specific signal code, and see if the application code caused the error. Otherwise, record all error state and notify Oracle Support Services."

I know the error is OCI-, not ORA-. But often times Oracle duplicates the error between two facilities, such as ORA- and TNS-. Try e.g. ORA-12500 and TNS-12500, or ORA-22626 and OCI-22626. Based on this, we can guess the error description and the cause and suggested action of OCI-24550 are the same as for ORA-24550. It's possible the maintainer of oraXX.msg or oraXX.msb haven't caught up with the Oracle code, where the developers already started to use some new error codes.

If it's indeed an uncaught signal, there must be some accompanying message about the signal number. What's the OS?

Yong Huang