Re: Archiver error without archive log mode

From: Martin Klier <>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:25:33 +0200

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Knecht schrieb:
> > > What's your fast_start_mttr_target set to ?

> > it's set to 900.
> > Why?

> Because as long as there's redo in an online log that's potentially
> still required for instance recovery after a crash, Oracle won't let it
> get overwritten.

Thanks, I followed the hint: v$log shows several INACTIVE online redo log groups, but the message occurs as well, whenever a single logswitch is done (does not matter if it's manually or due to database activity).

If this was the culprit, I would see only CURRENT and ACTIVE log groups, or am I completely wrong?

Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk