Re: The strange case of the missing archived log

From: jason arneil <jason.arneil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:22:38 +0100

Your standby is not trashed.

If you have no way of accessing the missing log(s), take an incremental backup of the primary using the SCN of where the standby is up to and apply this backup to the standby:

http://jarneil.wordpress.com/2008/06/03/applying-an-incremental-backup-to-a-physical-standby/

Well if the archived redo logs were not removed using rm, they could have been removed with rman.

jason.

--
http://jarneil.wordpress.com