RE: column size - SQLPATH question

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:07:28 -0400

Try "which sqlplus" or "whence sqlplus" or whatever the correct name of that command is for your shell. It will probably find a sqlplus file that is probably a wrapper script that truss cannot execute.

From: "David Pintor" <painterman_at_gmail.com> Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:36:06 +0100
To: <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Subject: column size - SQLPATH question

Hello,

  • Oracle 9.2.0.8.0
  • Solaris 8

I have two servers as above. One for production and one for staging.

In both I have an oracle user, in which profiles I have the following lines:

export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/oracle/ora92
export SQLPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin

I have the same default glogin.sql in the SQLPATH for both but also a login.sql with the following lines:

define editor=vi
set lines 150
set pages 999

The configuration looks exactly the same for me.

However, when I go to prod and type something like 'show parameter sga' I get:

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ -----------
------------------------------
lock_sga                             boolean     FALSE
pre_page_sga                         boolean     FALSE
sga_max_size                         big integer 3222769816

And the same in staging gives me:

NAME                                 TYPE                             VALUE
lock_sga                             boolean                          FALSE
pre_page_sga                         boolean                          FALSE
sga_max_size                         big integer
2098694720

I don't understand why the size of the columns is different if all in SQLPATH is exactly the same and the Oracle version (and patch) are at the same level.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

David