RE: Change Management

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:01:12 -0700

I would say you don't need CM to deploy a *new* user/role/profile, since it's highly unlikely to affect anything else and it's such a frequent, routine task. I think that level of change control is overkill, similar to running through CM for every new sales order entered into the system. Yes, you need a security process (e.g. mgr approval) in place for new users/roles, but that is typically a separate process from CM.

However, if it's a *change* to an existing user/role/profile, that may be worthy of running through CM, since it could have an adverse impact on the existing applications/users.

Regards,
Brandon