Re: Becoming a user - 10g issue

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:11:52 -0700

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Newman, Christopher <
> wrote:

> select 'alter user &1 identified by values
> '||chr(39)||password||chr(39)||' replace temp;' ?

What does your security department and/or auditors say about doing this?

You don't say what kind of accounts you are logging onto, but if I had to guess I would guess that they are application accounts.

Wouldn't be better to use the password of the account?

And if you are not allowed to have the password, I guess you're not allowed to make changes.

Jared Still