Re: Becoming a user - 10g issue

From: <>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:13:58 -0400

There's a novel concept:

You can't have the password to the application account but you have alter user privilege :)

Phineas says, "Where's Perry?"

"Jared Still" <>

Sent by:

08/20/2008 01:11 PM
Please respond to

"Jared Still" <>

Re: Becoming a user - 10g issue

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Newman, Christopher <> wrote:

select 'alter user &1 identified by values '||chr(39)||password||chr(39)||' replace temp;' ?

What does your security department and/or auditors say about doing this?

You don't say what kind of accounts you are logging onto, but if I had to guess I would guess that they are application accounts.

Wouldn't be better to use the password of the account?

And if you are not allowed to have the password, I guess you're not allowed to make changes.

Jared Still