Re: Ownership on Oracle CRS Home binary files

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 21:19:21 -0500

I think this section of the documentation will help clarify the best
practices with respect to ownership of files in each ORACLE_HOME.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/install.111/b28263/rcprelin.htm#BABHCDEH

Dan

Sudheendra Vijayakumar wrote:
All the CRS installations that I've come across have the owner as non-root for CRS binaries and haven't had any issues pertaining to that setup.

The only thing that comes to the mind is when you have different owners for CRS and database binaries. ONS would be running as part of nodeapps and will out of crs owner. This would have issues if the both (crs and database binary owners) are not part of the same group. There needs to be a parameter set in ons.config file ( I think its allowgroup=true) to get ons working in such a case.

Thanks,
-Sudhi.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Anurag Verma <anuragdba@gmail.com> wrote:

Is it a good practice to assign a non-root user( not "root" and not the Database owner), as the owner of Clusterware?

Or is it mandatory that we have to keep "root" user as the owner of Clusterware owner?

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Aug 18 2008 - 21:19:21 CDT

Original text of this message