oracle linux

From: Dba DBA <>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:42:26 -0400

I know this is not a sys admin forum, but this is an oracle product so I hope its ok.

My understanding is that in order to have a linux server see files on a SAN(and I would guess a netapp too) is that you need to purchase a 3rd party driver that you install. It does not come out of the box. I forgot the brand the project I was on bought a couple of years ago when this issue came up.

do you have to purchase this 3rd party software for oracle enterprise linux ? Its not vendor specific to the SAN.