Re: ASM - Active Passive role

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:16:58 -0500

In your case, did you set up ASM as clustered so that all DGs were
available on all ASM instances at all times and the single-instance
databases just failed over? Or did you actually fail over the disk
groups as well?

Dan

LS Cheng wrote:
I have done it in a few customers without problems.

Multipath is not provided by Sun Cluster, it depends on the Storage you use or you can use Sun Native MPXIO

On 8/14/08, Stalin <stalinsk@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone using ASM/clusterware on single databases in a active-passive
configuration. Most of our medium sized customer installations are
single databases in active-passive configuration using sun cluster
data services for automatic fail over. Wondering if we anyone using
ASM in this configuration successfully without the sun cluster part. I
believe you would still need sun cluster for multipathing as ASM
doesn't support it yet.
-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Aug 18 2008 - 09:16:58 CDT

Original text of this message