Re: How do you conduct technical interviews ?

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:56:33 -0700 (PDT)

well.... if my applicant does not already know that I'm interviewing him/her for an Oracle position (based on job posting and/or previous phone screen), then that would probably signify a problem. If I'm hiring for a SQL Server position then I would not be surprised. If I'm hiring for an Oracle position, I'd be surprised and a bit concerned.

Also, If the candidate did indicate that dirty writes were allowed, I'd probably press forward and say, "Oh, really.... do elaborate on that a bit".

Cheers!

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com (Oracle Press) The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You must be LDS to apply (please don't write to me and tell me I'm breaking the law. A church can choose to hire members of it's own faith. Look it up if you don't believe me).

  • Original Message ---- From: Roman Podshivalov <roman.podshivalov_at_gmail.com> To: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com> Cc: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:50:15 PM Subject: Re: How do you conduct technical interviews ?

It sure is, but on the interview frivolous assumptions could lead to disastrous results 8-)

--romas

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

But this would be an Oracle forum, correct? ;-)

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Author:

--