Re: Wait on commit

From: Robert Freeman <>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:25:35 -0700 (PDT)

So, do you know what happens when a commit happens? What files/processes come into play? Having a knowledge of how the database works might be of assistance here.

Have you run an AWR report to see what waits you are experiencing?

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: (Oracle Press) The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You must be LDS to apply (please don't write to me and tell me I'm breaking the law. A church can choose to hire members of it's own faith. Look it up if you don't believe me).

  • Original Message ---- From: Yechiel Adar <> To: ORACLE-L <> Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 10:49:30 AM Subject: Wait on commit

Oracle 10.2 on windows rac.

I have a procedure that is working fine until it does commit and then everything stops for a few seconds.
Since this is a web application this is not acceptable.

Causes and solutions please.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel