Backup opinions

From: Nuno Souto <>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 01:02:05 +1000

Folks, much appreciated if I can get some info:

Anyone here using Netbackup agent to backup their dbs directly to tape - without using a FRA?

If so, what's your opinion of ease of logging and recovery, flexibility in being able to transfer backups to others dbs for refreshes, etcetc.

Also: are you using archived redo logs in full recovery?

How does Netbackup then operate in a recovery situation?

Only for 10g onwards users, please: I'm interested specifically in FRA vs Netbackup comments.

Nuno Souto
in cold Sydney, Australia