Re: Database Migration and Upgrade across Servers ( from Solaris to HP)

From: <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:35:44 -0700 (PDT)

Not to keep on adding cars to this train, but I'll also add that most people don't like the automated tools because they often hide the details and make debugging difficult in the event of a problem. However, DBUA does extensive logging and when I have had issues, I was able to use DBUA's logs to determine exactly what happened (if DBUA wasn't able to provide enough detail directly) and was able to resolve the issue. I'm also a DBUA fan these days (though it wasn't always as good as it is now).

Dan