Re: changing archivelog mode in 10g

From: <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:30:32 -0700 (PDT)

Bradd--you are not mistaken. I think that log_archive_start was deprecated because there are very very few instances where you'd want it set to false when the database is in archivelog mode, so they just did it for you. I believe it is still there as an underscore parameter for those few environments/occasions where it might need to be = false.

Dan