Bang (!) in utl_mail message

From: steve montgomerie <>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:09:52 -0400

Is there a buffer limit or something for the message portion of utl_file?

I have a procedure that does some pre data load checks and then sends them out through utl_mail.
something like data_load_check_1 || chr(13) || data_load_check_2 || chr(13) etc etc etc
The chr(13) is for the carraige return.

If you look below after about 19 lines Oracle throws in a ! and carraige return. Have I hit a limit in message size?

INFO        Gen stats procedure exists and is VALID
INFO        A POST_LOAD_FROM_BLAH restore point has been created

 ble does not exist