Re: hide https port

From: <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 06:06:36 -0700 (PDT)

Kumar,

I haven't tried doing this with free software, but it's common to do this with load balancer devices where SSL is terminated on the load balancer and all traffic behind the load balancer is HTTP. You could also do the same thing with Oracle WebCache, though performance may be a factor. If you're doing SSL in software now, then it probably won't be much different. The Oracle Application Server Enterprise Deployment Guide shows configurations like this where SSL is terminated on the webcache and HTTP traffic is used behind the webcache.

Dan