Re: Oracle 9i 365-day reboot issue

From: <>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 11:05:27 -0400

I had oracle 9i instance in production ( on Solaris 8) that was not recycled for more then 2 years without any issues.

"Walt Weaver" <>
Sent by:
Aug 08 2008 11:00 AM
Please respond to

Oracle 9i 365-day reboot issue

Hello all,

Some of the older list members may remember me; I've been more or less away from Oracle for a few years but we still have a few old 9i systems I still maintain on a sporadic basis.

Anyway, one of our few remaining Oracle customers recently requested that we bounce the Oracle instance they were on; they said there was a bug in 9i that required the instance be bounced at least every 365 days.

Does anyone know anything about this? I haven't been able to find out anything about it; my Metalink account expired a long time ago and Googling hasn't turned up anything.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

--Walt Weaver, old Oracle fart (it's my 60th birthday today)

  • Bozeman, Montana