Re: 10046 trace - unaccounted for time

From: Riyaj Shamsudeen <riyaj.shamsudeen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 13:49:49 -0500

Keith

 Another option, you could try is use tanel's snapper.sql script (tanelpoder.com) and Look at difference in statistics. That should give more clue as to what that process is doing..  More concrete method is to trace logical I/O, but that tend to generate huge amount of trace data to look through. Daniel Fink presented some stuff about this. See http://optimaldba.com/

Cheers
Riyaj
The Pythian Group
blog: http://orainternals.wordpress.com