Re: Migration:- Solaris to

From: Jeffery Thomas <>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:25:16 -0400

David --

Not quite identical to your scenario, but we just migrated a number of databases from
Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 No major issues, but we did run into a little
puzzler dealing with tables that contained columns that were encrypted via DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT.

If these tables were part of a full export, the encrypted columns would always come with varying and erroneous lengths that were not a multiple of 8 bytes. We had to export/import these tables individually and that worked fine.

We double-checked NLS_LANG on the import/exports, validated the data for correct lengths in the source database and so forth - but could not find a reason why a full export would fail but the individual export would succeed.

We were able to reproduce this issue but as we had a fix, never did raise a S/R for it.