Re: custom glogin and RAC

From: Bradd Piontek <>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:32:41 -0500

I've always used this, and it did work on RAC ( - Linux), but didn't work at our level of Grid Control (I believe there is now a patch for this, but certain things done through grid control did not like non-standard SQL> prompts and would bomb out)

  • Set up SQL Prompt to show database name set ARRAYSIZE 14 set termout off define osid='NOLOG' column sid new_value osid noprint select lower(user) || '@' || case when instr(global_name,'.')>1 then lower(substr(global_name,1,instr(global_name,'.')-1)) else lower(global_name) end sid from global_name; set sqlprompt '&osid> ' column sid clear
    Bradd Piontek Oracle Blog: Linked In: