Re: RAW device permission changing dynamically on HPUX

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:15:07 +0200

Hi

In Linux you either put chmod and chown in rc.local to set raw devices permissions or use udev.

In HP-UX I have not seen this issue, the permissions are persistent even after reboot for Raw Devices.

In HP-UX 11.31 this can happen if the devices are created with mksf instead of mknod, whenever you add new devices with insf -e this will reset permissions

Thanks

--
LSC