Using CRS in Active - Passive Configuration

From: John Thompson <>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:59:10 -0500

I'm currently testing a 3 node RH Linux active/passive cluster. We have 4 db's running on 1 node, 4 db's running on the 2nd node and using the 3rd as the passive node. Using ASM for storage. This is working really nice especially for managebility purposes as it takes only 1 command and just a matter of minutes to move a db from 1 node to another. I was wondering if anyone else is doing this sort of thing and if so, have you had any problems?

3 Dell 2950's w/32gb memory each running Redhat Linux 4 U 6. Using CRS and ASM. Different flavors of 10.2 for the databases